Quick notes, 838, meeting with Amit:
- Come up with a clear list of requirements. Don't sweat the existence of other systems. Go ahead, catalog those other systems, but make the system that meets your reqs.
- Borrow from large-group collaboration research
- --making room for more voices, allowing all to speak: recall the introductory survey/requirement idea
- "social phenomenon is PB itself"
- education! pre-test and post-test: "What do you think are the key issues in the budget?" test for educating
- so these other systems exist -- they haven't been studied yet. The focus that makes the paper worthwhile is studying the system in the context of the constructs.
- But what is your theory? What are you testing? You can't just go out, hand out a survey at random, and get a bunch of data. What is your theory? Go look on AISWorld, find the theory list.